Security Orb is a security tool that connects to the TrustNet
database to retrieve scores. This allows unlimited length ban/access lists, as well as easily using the same list of all of the land you have.
The orb allows controlling access to an area. It will scan the area for nearby agents, retrieve scores for them, and based on a result take a decision to allow them to remain there, or remove them forcefully using the configured method.
The first line of text contains statistics about the detected avatars. The format is:
Det: detected, N: neutral, F: friends, E: enemies
This is followed by a line per avatar in the following format:
Avatar Name (distance, score)
The flags field can contain the following symbols:
*: Avatar is inside the defended area.
!: Avatar is considered an enemy under the current settings.
A display of *! for an avatar would mean it's going to be attacked.
The orb only defends the configured area. Avatars outside it are still scanned, which provides advance warning and the possibility of retrieving a score before they come into the defended area.
There are 3 ways to restrict the defended area:
- radius: The area to defend is restricted to the indicated radius around the orb.
- over my land: The orb only defends land that passes the llOverMyLand check, that is, land that's owned by the owner of the orb.
- area: The orb only defends the area inside the cube defined by the specified coordinates. This makes it possible to restrict the orb to an oddly shaped piece of land. It also makes it easier to use on land you don't own, such as group land.
These restrictions are evaluated on an "AND" basis. That is, all the enabled restrictions must be passed for the orb to consider an avatar to be inside the restricted area.
- help: Shows a short list of available commands
- card: Gives a notecard with this information
- mode: Changes the current mode:
- off: Orb is completely turned off. No scanning.
- scan: Scans, but doesn't perform any actions.
- defensive: Attack people with bad ratings.
- offensive: Attack people that don't have good ratings.
- paranoid: Attack everybody but the owner.
- status: Shows the current status
- settings: Shows the current settings
- set: Changes a setting
- rate: Scan rate, in seconds
- range: Scan range, in meters
- score_friendly: Minimum score to consider somebody friendy
- score_enemy: Maximum score to consider somebody an enemy
- restrict_over_my_land: Only attack people over your land
- restrict_radius: Only attack people inside guard_radius
- guard_radius: Radius around the orb to defend
- restrict_area: Only attack people in the area specified by area_begin and area_end
- area_begin: Start of the area to defend
- area_end: End of the area to defend
- show_stats: Show count of neutral, enemy, friend avatars
- show_avatars: Show avatar list
- attack_enabled: If not enabled, orb will not actually attack, but say what would be done
- attack_type: Attack type: eject, send_home, ban
- attack_warn_time: How many seconds to give intruders to leave the area before attacking
- attack_ban_hours: If 'ban' attack type is used, how long to ban them. 0 for permanent.
- saveconfig global name: Saves the configuration. The first argument indicates whether the config is saved only for this specific orb, or is available to all of them. The default is 'global'. See the 'Configuration Scope' section below for more information. The second argument is the config name. The default value is the value of the defaultconfig setting. This is also the configuration name that the orb will try to load on startup.
- loadconfig name: Loads the specified configuration. If no name is specified, it loads the name specified in 'defaultconfig'.
- delconfig global name: Deletes a stored configuration. The arguments work the same way as for 'saveconfig'.
- defaultconfig name: Sets the default configuration name that will be loaded on startup. The default value for this setting is 'default'.
- debug: Debug commands. These are not needed for normal usage. I may ask you to use them if you have problems.
- on: Enables debug output
- off: Disables debug output
- memory: Shows the available memory
- about: Shows the version number
- reset: Resets the orb
The orb saves your settings on the server. No notecards are needed.
There are two scopes, 'global', and 'local'. Global configuration files are seen by all the orbs you own. Local configuration files are seen only by that specific orb (linked by key).
The default scope is 'global'.
When loading the configuration first the 'local' scope is checked, then 'global'. This way, if an orb has no specific configuration assigned to itself, it will fall back to the default one.
Settings stored in 'local' will become unavailable if you replace the orb with a newer version. If you only use one orb, the best way is using "saveconfig" with no arguments. The settings will then automatically be used by the new verison when you upgrade.